This article outlines the steps we need to take to set up a new staff member with everything they need.
We have two types of staff; permanent and temporary. But all are contractors.
Permanent staff get email addresses because they may interface directly with clients.
Temporary staff may work for us long term but do not require an internal email address.
Temporary Staff Onboarding Steps
- Add them to Slack.
- Add them to 1Password.
- Once they accept, we get a notification that asks us to “Confirm” them. Do so.
- Then add them to the Group labelled “Programmers” (or another if relevant).
- Add them to Teamwork.com
- Generally, you add them as a Standard User with access to All Projects and enable All Future Projects.
- Add them to GitLab.
- Then add them to Developers Group.
- Add them to Zoho CRM if applicable.
- Send them the Welcome to The Portland Company email.
Permanent Staff Onboarding Steps
- Google Apps