We are seeking a part-time local PHP developer to work out of our Sherwood office.
Generally, the work will be scattered and small tasks. Occasionally tasks that may take a few days to a couple of weeks to complete.
- Communicate over email and phone with clients about their same-day change requests.
- Enter them into our project management tool.
- Complete those tasks or coordinate with relevant staff (such as a graphic designer on staff) to complete them with maximum focus for the fastest possible turnaround without compromising quality assurance.
- Telecommuting will almost certainly become the norm. Most of our team operates remotely. But for the first 2 months it will likely be in-office every day between 9AM and 5PM (part time can fit anytime within those hours).
- Many of us are gamers and have game consoles and gaming laptops available for occasional use here.
- We are a Teaching Company, so we encourage honesty about your skill-weaknesses and supporting you to learn and improve on them.
- We’re generally very laid back about what time you show up to work, as long as it doesn’t interfere with clients needs or other staff.
- If you need, we can provide a laptop and external monitor to work from. Razer Blade 2015 or MacBook Air 2015.
Please, do not apply if you don’t have the following skills:
Note: The scale is:
- Beginner – You know what it is, you have used it a few times, you understand it, you can read a little bit of it.
- Intermediate – Have experience debugging, understand the syntax and know the resources to solve virtually any problem.
- Advanced – You have a lot of syntax memorized, 2 or more years debugging.
- Expert – 5+ years ongoing direct experience. Have syntax memorized.
- Intermediate or greater expertise in PHP.
- Complete comfort debugging PHP errors.
- Novice or greater experience with Laravel.
- Advanced in HTML
- Complete comfort debugging HTML.
- Advanced in CSS / SASS / LESS
- Complete comfort debugging CSS and *preferably* SASS / LESS.
- A passion for programming, learning new languages, libraries.
- Complete comfort using SFTP.
- Complete comfort creating servers on Digital Ocean from existing images.
- First hand experience with Git and version control in general. This can be taught, but will be a requirement to learn early on and require commitment to master the basics quickly.
This post is related to: