Aaaand we’re back.
If you saw or read my previous two articles, those were related to project #2. This article, however, is related to project #3.
I created the site and successfully worked on it on my Linux Ubuntu machine. I successfully deployed my work from
staging went to bed. And then worked on it the next day. Attempted to publish my changes to
staging and suddenly began getting an SSH error stating I couldn’t connect.
I confirmed I didn’t modify my SSH keys locally because I can login to every other server I’ve ever logged into before. So that tells me the SSH keys on the server or accepted hosts somehow got modified. I have no idea how that happened.
Now, once I switched to my iMac running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, cloned the site, and ran
vagrant up I got the error in the Gist above.
Another new error. Another surprise error. If it weren’t for all the benefits of Roots I would absolutely hate this application and consider it more trouble than it’s worth. But the fact is Roots solves a lot of serious problems with WordPress.
So… this error – and it’s respective warnings, indicate there is a Plugin version that is incompatible. But I don’t know if that’s referring to a WordPress Plugin, or something else like Vagrant or Ansible.
So I started by checking my
site/composer.json file for any Plugins listed there that might have the
* where the version number should be. I thought this because I like to use that because I don’t run
composer update very often and when I do it’s usually okay for Plugins to update because I’m available to check them. I did so, and I found several that specified the
* and one line that was for a Premium Plugin owned by a third party that I had added in there. So I removed that, and modified those to have a version number and re-run. No success.
In the end, I just gave up and delete the whole project and started over. Thankfully, with my database in tact.
The Issue Recently, I discovered that when I saved my code it was no longer appearing when I reloaded the website while working locally in development. This occurred along with this error so I thought they were connected. The Solution It turned out that when you run gulp --production that the Theme begins to look in […]
[Browsersync] Couldn’t open browser (if you are using BrowserSync in a headless environment, you might want to set the open option to false) I have built several sites with Roots stack now and suddenly, BrowserSync is no longer working on one of them. However, BrowserySync is working on all the others. So this suggests to […]
Today I switched from my Mac to my Linux Ubuntu and attempted to continue working on a Roots site. After cloning it down and using vagrant up to start the server and the site. Then I noticed the sites styling was broken. So I looked at the main.css stylesheet and discovered it was not found. So […]