Earlier this year we began using Roots’ Trellis, Bedrock and Sage to develop and manage websites. While the system is everything WordPress should be. There are some things it should not be. One of them is temperamental, another is incredibly complicated.
Today I’m working on our third project with Roots. But simultaneously with our second and fourth. So we’ve only built one site with this system so far.
When we were building that site, and went to provision and deploy our server, we encountered this issue. Today, it returns when we’re trying to provision and deploy the
staging server for our next site.
Then I re-ran the above command with debugging output to see if I could get some clarity.
ansible-playbook server.yml -e env=staging -u root – the
-u root portion is what worked for me. I suspect this is actually a bug with Trellis’ provisioning script(s). But I don’t know.
Currently, I do not have a real solution. I think it might be related to the names of my site across my various group_vars files. But I really don’t know.
The Issue Recently, I discovered that when I saved my code it was no longer appearing when I reloaded the website while working locally in development. This occurred along with this error so I thought they were connected. The Solution It turned out that when you run gulp --production that the Theme begins to look in […]
[Browsersync] Couldn’t open browser (if you are using BrowserSync in a headless environment, you might want to set the open option to false) I have built several sites with Roots stack now and suddenly, BrowserSync is no longer working on one of them. However, BrowserySync is working on all the others. So this suggests to […]
Today I switched from my Mac to my Linux Ubuntu and attempted to continue working on a Roots site. After cloning it down and using vagrant up to start the server and the site. Then I noticed the sites styling was broken. So I looked at the main.css stylesheet and discovered it was not found. So […]